Saturday 23 October 2010

Just Poetry xxix

I'll Take Care of You


I know you've been hurt by someone else
I can tell by the way you carry yourself
But if you let me here's what i'll do:
I'll take care of you

I've loved and loved the same as you
so you see i know what you've been through
and if you let me here's what i'll do
I'll take care of you

You won't ever have to worry
You won't ever have to cry
for i'll be there beside you
to dry your weaping eyes

So, darling tell me
that you'll be true
there's no doubt in my mind
know i won't do
and just as sure as one and one is two
I know i'll take care of you
I'll take care of you


Gil Scott-Heron

3 comments:

V Benesi said...

Simple and beautiful! Eu não conhecia. Obrigada!

MAna, tenho uma sobrinha estudando Jornalismo na University of the Arts London. E gostaria muito que AMANDA pudesse conhecer você, já que eu não posso por agora... Mas pedi que espere até eu saber se isso incomodaria você de alguma maneira. Se não, aguardo a sua autorização!! Beijos

;-)))

Koluki said...

Mana, se gostou dessa entao tem mais aqui: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtbTmKhDabg

e aqui: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUrohNJWPyI

Enjoy!

Claro que terei todo o prazer em conhecer a Amanda! Vou mandar-lhe os contactos por email, ok?

Beijo grande!

V Benesi said...

MAna,
visitei os sites e li um pouco sobre ele. Músico e poeta dos muito bons! Obrigada!
Falei com Amanda e ela ficou muito animada para conhecer você.
Beijo grande pra você também!